For many struggling with Diabetes, the constant challenge to manage your disease and your weight can seem like an insurmountable goal.
Exercise is a major part of the equation when it comes to getting your Diabetes under control and getting back on the road to health. If you are unsure about how you should be exercising, what types of workouts you should be doing, or how you can start to work toward your goals – Cornerstone is here to help. Cornerstone’s objective is to offer you a natural, healthy solution to managing your Diabetes, getting healthier and ultimately feeling better through fitness.
Our Diabetes Specialist Trainer, Jamie Katz, along with a staff of fitness professionals are committed to giving you the tools you need to start taking control of your health and managing your Diabetes. Exercise has proven results on benefiting people who are trying to control Diabetes – here are just a few ways in which exercise can improve your health and your ability to combat excess weight and Diabetes.
- Decreased blood sugar
- Increased insulin sensitivity and glucose utilization
- Improved blood flow and blood pressure
- Raises HDL (good) cholesterol
- Lowers LDL (bad) cholesterol
- Weight Management
In addition to serving our general members who have Diabetes concerns, Cornerstone’s partnership with Doylestown Hospital also offers options to graduates of the hospital’s Diabetes Education program. “Take Control of your Diabetes Through Exercise” is the next phase of the program, allowing graduates to continue on their health journey with the added benefits of exercise. The Diabetes Exercise program at Cornerstone takes place at our Warrington location, just off Route 611 in Bucks County. “Take Control of Your Diabetes Through Exercise” includes the following:
- A customized exercise program designed by the Cornerstone Training staff
- Participants will receive two appointments with their assigned trainer – one to create the custom workout plan, and another to follow up and assess progress
- Weight loss and body fat goals will be set when appropriate
- Blood pressure will be monitored through logs and the use of a blood pressure station before and after exercise
- Target heart rate goals will be discussed and tracked through logs
Whether you are a graduate of the Doylestown Hospital Diabetes education program, or just someone looking to manage your Diabetes based on recommendations from your doctor, Cornerstone aims to provide you with the resources and support you need to accomplish your goals and feel happier and healthier. We are with you every step of the way!
With a small amount of time and a lot of determination, any one can achieve their goals. All exercises can be adapted to anyone’s ability.
B.A. in Exercise Science |AFFA certified Group Exercise Instructor | Madd Dog Spin Instructor | CPR | First Aid | AED | Fitlinxx Level 1| TRX Instructor | Indoor and Outdoor Bootcamp Instructor
For any questions regarding Diabetes Exercise or Doylestown Hospital’s Diabetes Education post-graduate program at Cornerstone, please contact Cornerstone Fitness & Spa in Warrington, 215-918-5900.