Cornerstone Clubs provides many different types of therapeutic massage. Of all of our guests, the senior population is one of our favorites. This group gives us the opportunity to really see a difference in how they feel, both physically and mentally, following a massage.
Many seniors today are dealing with arthritis, high blood pressure, edema, and stress. Trouble sleeping, depression, loneliness, dependency on OTC medications and touch deprivation are other issues that seniors may struggle with.
A 30-minute session with light touch and soft gentle strokes is a safe, comfortable and very pleasant way to experience massage for the first time.
Benefits of massage for seniors include:
- Relief of joint pain associated with arthritis
- Stress reduction
- Deeper relaxation
- Lowering of blood pressure
- Reduction in swelling and edema
- Improvement in length and quality of sleep
- Decrease in feelings of isolation
- Compassionate touch to an often untouched lifestyle
- Soft, therapeutic touch can calm agitation and anxiety
- There are no side effects as there may be with medication
- Speedier healing from certain injuries or illnesses
The NCBTMB (National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork) promotes massage as a treatment for the management and prevention of age related diseases and views massage as a good alternative to less natural pharmaceutical treatments such as pain medications and dietary supplements.
Come to Cornerstone Clubs or The Spa at Cornerstone to experience massage for seniors in Bucks County, PA, and feel great. From July 1 to July 31, we will be offering a Specialty Senior Massage – First Timers special – 30 minutes for $30. Call the location of your choice to make an appointment.