Swimming is not just the typical extracurricular activity for your child. Swimming is a skill that every child needs to master so that they can be safe! Cornerstone’s swim lesson curriculum concentrates on safety skills first! We work to naturally introduce your child to the water by avoiding teaching tools such as backpacks/bubbles, goggles, and floatation devices in beginner levels. This ensures that your child is comfortable in the water and has all the beginner swimming skills mastered without all the gear! In addition to our safety first attitude, our swim lessons feature a comfortable learning environment with the lowest teacher-to-swimmer ratios in the area! We have superior instruction and evaluation techniques allowing your child to master all the important stuff!
- Parents or guardians must remain onsite during programs.
- Non-participating children ages 1-10 are required to utilize the CornerKids Playroom or wait with a parent or guardian in the atrium. Classes are occasionally offered outside of playroom operating hours. This service is free of charge to siblings of program participants!
Monday-Thursday 8:30-1:00 + 4:00-8:30
- Payment is required at the time of registration.
- After the first week of a swim session, classes with one child will be cancelled and/or consolidated. A class can remain scheduled with one child if that parent/guardian pays the upgrade fee for the session.
- Children must use the Family Locker Room or changing cabanas in the pool area. If filled, parents with children of the same gender may enter the locker room from the pool area, use the first two showers in the bathroom facilities, and exit to the pool area. The carpeted area is for adult member use.
- All participants must follow program safety rules.
- Program schedules are tentative and classes may be changed or cancelled at any time.
- Make up classes are one per session. The swim lesson make up schedule will be available at the beginning of the second week of the session.
- Parents and guests must observe swim lessons from outside the pool area unless an invited observation is scheduled.
- Parents must sign in for swim lessons at the pool each week.
- Cornerstone Fitness and Spa is a cell phone free zone. Please make and take calls from the atrium.
- Fitness equipment and stretching areas are for adult member use only.
- Please refrain from taking photos/video during swim lessons. Under special circumstances, Management may approve photos to be taken.
- New participants, please contact the Aquatics Department at 215.918.5900 to discuss placement level.