Joy Darreff has been with Cornerstone since 1997! A loving Mother since 1984, she has worked with children for over 25 years. She strives to create a loving, fun, creative and safe environment for your children to grow up in. Joy leads our CornerKids Doylestown team which is the heart of our CornerKids program. The women on our Doylestown team have combined tenure of over 100 years teaching CornerKids at Cornerstone! These women know the families and children by name and develop a special relationship with each child that comes through our doors. Our CornerKids staff at the New Hope and Warrington locations has tenured staff as well!
About Birthday Parties
Looking for a fun, interactive birthday party for your child that won’t break the bank? Our CornerKids Birthday Parties incorporate fun, fitness, games, and activities. No clean up, no hassle and your kids are sure to have a blast! They will spend their time running around and playing games with our expert staff, many of whom have been with our CornerKids department for 20 years or more. Our parties are designed for ages 3 and older. The basic CornerKids Party is similar for every age group and includes a variety of age-appropriate games and activities. We make the same games a little more challenging and sophisticated as the children get older. In our 10 years of providing parties at Cornerstone (same women still doing them!) we have learned that the kids keep coming back year after year because they love their parties!
Benefits of Birthday Parties
- Fitness Focused
- Member discounts on Birthday Parties
- Private and all about the Birthday Child!
- We supply invitations, decorations, stickers & lollipops for prizes, 2 hostesses and a GREAT TIME!
- We do all of the set-up, playing, serving and cleaning up
- Make your child feel extra special on their special day!
- Guest Passes
- You supply the birthday child, any food & beverages you would like to serve and the paper products!
- CK SIGNATURE PARTY - Our focus is on making the birthday child feel special throughout the party! As the guests arrive, they are greeted by the party hostesses and the birthday child, given a name tag and escorted to the obstacle course where they play and interact with the birthday child, the party hostesses and all of the other guests until everyone has arrived!
- Once all of the guests have arrived, the birthday child leads them in an individual challenge through the obstacle course! The guests cheer for the birthday child first and then for each other. The birthday child sits in his/her special chair at the end of the course and rewards everyone with a special CK Bracelet.
- For our scooter dice game, the birthday child scatters cones with numbers throughout the room. Everyone moves throughout the room to music on their scooter. When the music stops everyone scurries to a cone. The birthday child rolls the die and rewards his/her guests who are at the corresponding number with a sticker. No one gets a sticker until they stand up and wish the birthday child HAPPY BIRTHDAY in a very loud voice! By the end of the game, everyone has a sticker!
- The Wall of Fun is always a favorite! The room is divided in half and the guests are split in two teams, each on one side of the room. An equal number of nerf balls are tossed on both sides. When the music plays they try to clean up their side of the room. When the music stops, everyone freezes and the side with the least nerf balls wins!
- We wrap up our game segment with the parachute! Everyone grabs a handle and the birthday child sits in the middle for THE BIRTHDAY RIDE!! The guests and the hostesses circle around with the birthday child on the parachute singing happy birthday! Then we continue with parachute games according to the age of the guests! PARACHUTE WITH CANDY – if you choose this option you can either provide candy with bags labeled with the guests’ names or for an additional $20 we will provide this. Candy is put on the parachute; the kids bounce it off and then fill their bags!
- Cake time! The party room has already been set up by the hostesses. We take the kids in, sing happy birthday and serve the cake and snacks! If you choose to provide a meal, we will serve that first, before singing and serving cake!
- Party Wrap up! At the end of the party we create a “throne” for the birthday child to sit upon while giving out their party favor and thanking each guest individually for coming to his/her party. The party is ended by singing HAPPY BIRTHDAY one last time!
- We offer options…..
It is our experience that our signature party is the most liked by the kids! However we understand that some like options. For them we offer the following substitution options:
- Open gifts – the child may choose to open his/her gifts at the party instead of bagging them up and taking them home. In that case, we shave a little bit of time off of each game to allow time for him/her to open gifts while sitting on the “throne”. He/she invites each child to bring their gift up individually so he/she can open it while they sit on the throne together. After opening his gift the birthday child thanks his guest by giving them their party favor and a very big THANK YOU! The guests sing HAPPY BIRTHDAY one more time!
- Hoppy Balls – some prefer this to scooters
- Relay races – if the birthday child and their guests are older and more competitive these can be substituted for one or two of our signature options.
- Yoga – we recommend this only if you are absolutely positive that all of your guests like yoga!! *Additional cost*Only available if CornerKids is able to secure an instructor for the desired time/day*
- Dance/Zumba –recommended for a group of guests who ALL positively love to dance! *Additional cost*Only available if CornerKids is able to secure an instructor for the desired time/day*
benefitsWhy Cornerstone Clubs?
- Support , motivation, and fun provided by our friendly and educated staff; starting with a free consultation with a wellness coach.
- A team of dedicated personal trainers ready to help you reach your goals. Train one-on-one or in a group of up to 6 people
- Hundreds of classes per week, some unique to each club, taught by the area's most experienced and qualified instructors.