Bob Lonsdale has been with Cornerstone for over 10 years and teaching yoga & Pilates for over a decade. Teaching everything from Yoga Gently to advanced Vinyasa, Bob’s teaching expertise spans a variety of modalities. Bob teaches classes at all three clubs and serves as the yoga & Pilates Director for the Cornerstone organization.
Pilates is a low-impact strength-based exercise format developed by Joseph Pilates. Pilates is largely founded on the principle of “controlology” which is based on the idea of muscle control. Pilates mat is done on the floor on a padded mat. Exercises and poses are done with control, the muscles working to lift against the resistance of gravity while maintaining breath and alignment. Much of the body’s ability to maintain stability comes from the core, so the center of the body is a focal point of the Pilates method. Precision in postures is also essential to the Pilates method in order to train the muscles correctly.
benefits of pilates
- Core strength
- build long, lean muscle
- Mind-body workout
- gentle and low-impact
- Guest Passes
- clothing that is comfortable and flexible, fitting close to the body
- Pilates Mat (differs from a yoga mat, loaners are available at the club)
- No cell phones permitted in the studio
If something stands between you and
your success, move it. Never be denied.
Anusara Yoga Immersion, Kripula Teacher Training, Ashtanga Teacher Training, Certified Pilates Mat, Pilates Reformer, and IM=X Pilates instructor, Certified Massage Therapist
benefitsWhy Cornerstone Clubs?
- Support , motivation, and fun provided by our friendly and educated staff; starting with a free consultation with a wellness coach.
- A team of dedicated personal trainers ready to help you reach your goals. Train one-on-one or in a group of up to 6 people
- Hundreds of classes per week, some unique to each club, taught by the area's most experienced and qualified instructors.